Saturday, November 12, 2005

Kitty Alarm

Does anyone out there know how to reset a kitty alarm? My only complaint about my beautiful, long haired cat, is that she believes that I should be awake and feeding her at 5:30 a.m. (maybe 6 a.m. on weekends). I stayed home from work on Thursday because I was feeling unwell (btw can Sudafed cause stomach pain?) and despite the fact that I would have loved to sleep in but at 5:30 a.m. she began her wake up call. First she meows (wake up, time to feed me) then she tries to use the Venetian blind just above my head as a scratching post, this causes me to reach out in semi-sleep to stop her and to pet her a bit. Then she rubs against the door knob of my bedroom door, which because my room is too small, is positioned between my head and the wall with the window so when she rubs against the knob she causes the door to bang between my bed and the wall. She must know by now that I can't stand that noise first thing in the morning. Again when she start this, I pet her a bit. While she is making noise with my blind and with my door she continues to throw in a meow here and there. Any advise on resetting my wake up call would therefore be greatly appreciated.

On to knitting, now. I have finished the body of my mother's sweater and have started the sleeves. Fortunately this sweater has moved very fast, so it should be done in time for x-mas. I am heading down to PA to visit the family next weekend and since I don't think I can continue working on this sweater around my mom, I think I will finally do the second sleeve for a sweater I am making for my grandmom (dad's mom) I have had most of it done since spring, but the sleeve seemed absurdly long so I stopped, planning on starting over again from scratch. I no longer think that I will do that. I haven't really examined the sleeve lately, maybe when I do I will find that it isn't absurdly long. By the way, guess what color that sweater is?

I was able to use some of my sick time well. I finished the first sock. I have left the toe open so that I can make sure it fits and then do the kitchener stitch on it. The challenge on this sock now is going to be getting the white fur out of the navy stitches. I can't say that I am looking forward to that second sock, but it must be done (groan) I also did some work on my Shetland Tea Shawl, no picture to post though because the way it is bunched up, you can't really see the progress.

Finally, I just wanted to add a blocking picture of my Adrienne Vittadini sweater. I have knit up the Fall 2004 cover, which I finished knitting about a month ago but never go around to blocking. I blocked the back (or front as the case may be) several weeks ago, but then never finished. I want to wear the sweater to my grandfather's (a/k/a Pop-pop) 85th surprise party, which is next weekend, so now I have to block it so that I have time to sew it together, do the collar, make sure it fits, and figure out what I will wear on the bottom. In the meantime, here is a blocking picture, which also establishes that I know how to choose and knit some color other than blue. In case the photo doesn't show clearly enough, the sweater is GREEN! Oh, I am going to be blocking the other sleeve while waiting for my dial up connection to upload the photo. Blocking is done (at least pinning for blocking is done) and photo is still uploading. Dial up is such a pain in the tush. I ran out of straight pins part way through the sleeve and switched to thumb tacks, do you think it will make a difference? F* the photo (please pardon the language), I have been waiting about 1/2 an hour and can't even tell if there was any movement on uploading, so I give up, I cry uncle, no photo of the alleged green sweater. Perhaps on Tuesday I will post this photo, or if I have it complete I will post a different one.


Post a Comment

<< Home