Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Kitty Pi

Well, it's now been a few days since I worked on any of my Christmas presents, so shame on me. After work yesterday, I drove up to Solana Beach to check out the new knitting shop that opened there, Knitting on the Beach. I'm always willing to support new shops when they open. The woman who owns the shop is very nice, but she seemed a little frazzled since yesterday was the first day the shop was open. She had a decent selection of yarn, and I'm sure that it will grow. She carries Berrocco, Debbie Bliss, Knit One Crochet Too, Filatura, Noro, Sirdar among others. I primarily saw Takumi needles, but who knows what she will carry in the future. For my part, in support of this new shop, I purchased 4 balls of Paintbox by Knit One Crochet Too that I'm turning into the free cat bed pattern, Kitty Pi from Wendy Knits. Here's a photo of my progress thus far:

The yarn is doubled throughout, since I'm substituting for Noro's Big Kureyon and the yarn I purchased is a worsted. At first, I wasn't liking the effect that this was making. I felt that it was a little too subtle, but now I'm liking it. It perfectly matches the colors of my bedroom.

Other than that, I am (supposedly) studying for a midterm that I have tomorrow morning at the ungodly hour of 8 a.m. The subject matter: Aerodynamics. It's an intereting subject so hopefully that will motivate me to do a lot of studying today.

No progress on any of my other WIP's. C'est la vie. Tomorrow is another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home