Monday, October 31, 2005



Vittadini Progress
Amidst all of the Christmas knitting, I have been slowly, very slowly working on an Adrienne Vittadini sweater pattern from her Fall 2004 pattern book. It was supposed to be a gift for my mom, but she wanted the afghan, so I decided it wouldn't look too bad on me. I'm making it out of the discontinued Classic Elite Attitude, which I have mixed feelings about. It's really beautiful, being a combination of pima cotton and silk, so it's going to be very soft and comfortable to wear. It's got a lovely sheen to it. However, it was discontinued very shortly after it was introduced, and I have a feeling it was due to quality issues. It pills like crazy, which I didn't even know was a problem with cotton. So, we'll see. But anyway, here is my progress on the front. The back and one sleeve are already done.
In other news, I just ordered some Peruvian Collection Baby Cashmere and Baby Silk to make Airisaig from Knitty. I basically tried to copy exactly the colors chosen by the designer because I thought they were both interesting and beautiful together. I am also going to use some Baby Cashmere to make Rosita eventually.
Finally, I was very bad and ordered the new Debbie Bliss Home book from Amazon. I always choose the free shipping option thinking I have infinite patience to wait for it, especially considering I've already had a chance to look through it and see the beautiful patterns. But as soon as I push the confirmation button, I want it to be here right this minute. I'm so impatient! Obviously, it would be easier to just to go the bookstore and buy it, but we must save money, musn't we?
Anyway, that's all for now. Hope you're having a good day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home