Friday, November 04, 2005

Big Wool

I owe Big Wool an apology. I beg Big Wool's forgiveness for anything I have ever said about it that was disparaging, insulting or in any other way negative. If I said it was scratchy, I throw myself on its mercy. If I intimated that it was rough, I humbly ask it to disregard my ignorance. Big Wool is fabulouso, wonderful, lofty, cushy, soft, comfy, cozy, silky, and creates the lightest, airiest chunky wool scarf imaginable. Last night at the Knit Salon at the Grove I started a Big Wool scarf, of my own design, to donate to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. It will be sold at a benefit race on Sunday morning for $25. Until Sunday, it will be on display at the Grove and may be sold before then.

Here is a photo of it:
I made it out of two balls of Rowan Big Wool in Whoosh. I definitely want to work with this yarn again, although we don't have much call for it in San Diego. There was a lovely pattern that called for it, combined with Kidsilk Haze, in the Fall 2005 Vogue Knitting. Perhaps I'll knit it and sit in a meat locker so I can wear it.








Here's a close-up of the cable, not that it's anything special or tricky:





















In other news, I have decided to take two classes at the Grove this fall to make patterns that sort of intimidate me. One class is to make the flower washcloths from Weekend Knitting and the other is to make the Baby Bobbi Bear from Blue Sky Alpacas. The latter will be a Christmas Gift for my neice Savannah, of whom I just so happen to have a picture, to the right. Isn't she adorable? Those her parents, my brother Steve and his wife, Pam.

That's all I have for now. Have a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home