Saturday, November 05, 2005

It's not my fault...

I bought more yarn, not just yarn, but lace weight yarn. I didn't mean to to it, it really wasn't my plan. It can't possibly be my fault. The yarn was safely in Lexington, I was safely in Boston. I left Wild and Woolly on Wednesday without buying it, so clearly I was being good. Then it began, the yarn started talking to me, calling me, asking me why I left it in the store. After all, it is merino, and I have never used lace weight merino before. On top of that, didn't I just buy a book with lace patterns? Isn't there at least one I would like to start immediately? Isn't it a wonderful bargain, 1,350 yards for only $14.50, what could be a better bargain?

Then, to top it all off, K needed Rowan 34, and Wild and Woolly had it. K couldn't find Rowan 34 in San Diego, and I owed her some money for wonderful bargains she found for me (a new (to me) knitting bag, and lantern moon straights). Clearly I had to go back to Wild and Woolly, and while I was there...

By the way, that is my new bag my yarn is a hanging out on. Oh, also the yarn isn't quite a blue as it looks, in this picture, it is more tealish, and tealish isn't blue, is it?

1 Comments:

Blogger bitterknitter said...

It is such pretty yarn, and with the amazing new book, you NEED something to start one of the patterns with! Tealish is only a kinda-sorta maybe blue, so you are moving away from your blue spree :) It looks like a pretty color though!

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home