Sunday, November 13, 2005

Baby Booties!!


I have the most adorable photo of my neice, Savannah, modeling the baby booties I made for her! Even though she's only 11 weeks, they almost don't fit her. Her mom put them on over her socks, so that may have had something to do with it. I bought more of the yarn in lavender, so I'd better get cracking on them if she'll be able to wear them. I love that hoodie that her grandma got for her. She's the only grandchild so far, so she gets totally spoiled by my parents.

Today is one of those crappy, miserable days that will be spent doing homework...all day. Except for when I have to go out and run errands. I have at least one midterm this week, maybe two, one of which is tomorrow. I also have homework due in Aerodynamics on Tuesday that I haven't even started. So, I suppose I have brought all of this on myself.

Next weekend, I plan on taking a sweater finishing class, where they will show me how to do buttonholes, picking up stitches (evenly and neatly) around the collar and seaming. I know how to do all of these things, but I don't know how to do them well. Should be interesting.

On to knitting progress. I finished the $60 cat bed on Friday night, complete with fun fur trim. I didn't actually use Lion Brand Fun Fur. I used a Joanne Fabrics yarn called Cello, which I actually liked better than Fun Fur. It was also the only one that came in a coordinating color. I would love to find time today to felt it, but we'll see. I'll have to felt it at my mom's condo so I can control the size of the load. I think the colors are really beautiful and should match my decor perfectly. I'm thinking that I'm going to save it for a Christmas present for my cats. This photo is (obviously) the pre-felted, completed version.


I've also made some minor progress on my second sock. I've done three repeats of the lace so far, and I believe on the first sock, I had to do four repeats before I could start the heel flap. I'll probably finish that this morning before I get down to studying. Priorities, you know. No, that isn't a beer bottle in the picture. It is a bottle of furniture polish that proved to be the best object in my house to stand in for a leg.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeanette said...

Sorry to hear about your homework load. Congrats on the progress for second sock! If I don't chat with you in the am, good luck with the midterm!

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home