Monday, November 17, 2008

Sewing Weekend

I'm just finishing a three-day weekend that I filled almost entirely with sewing and shopping for fabric. Sounds wonderful, doesn't it? My hubby is out of town on a business trip, so I took advantage of an empty house to lug in a bunch of fabric and patterns from the garage and set up my sewing machine. My goals were a little too ambitious, but I still got a lot done. In the end, I completely finished two projects and almost completed one more. I'm going to roll them out slowly so that I actually have something to blog about. It appears that my next knitting FO may not happen for a while.

To get my feet wet, I decided to finish a project that I cut out several months ago. I tried to find out exactly when by looking back through my posts, but I couldn't find anything. I may have started it as long ago as a year! Anyway, I figured since it was already cut, it would work up quickly. Basically, that's true.

100_0239

This is the Frenchy Bag by Amy Butler, in the shoulder bag size. I really like the way it turned out! I think I'll use it as a knitting bag, since I can't picture myself walking around town with a cat-themed purse. The best part?

100_0240

The lining! It coordinates with the cat fabric, although the colors in the photos are so bad that it may be hard to tell.

100_0241

Somebody got nosy.

Sometime later this week, I'll blog about my second finished project. I'll probably have the third one done tomorrow night, and it's the cutest one of all!

4 Comments:

Blogger Yarnhog said...

Love the fabric! It'll make a great knitting bag.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

That is a cute fabric!

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Giselle wants to know why those kitties don't look like her. I mean if you're going to make a kitty bag shouldn't they look like her?

10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too cute!

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home