Friday, October 31, 2008

Actual knitting content

I decided to pick up my knitting needles again. Ironically (for those who know me), I was more inspired to knit for others than for myself. I'm not normally a gift knitter because I feel that I get more satisfaction out of my knitted items than the recipients do. At least that's how it's gone in the past. However, this past summer, I met my sister-in-law in Chicago for the first time, and she requested a scarf for Christmas. She even requested particular colors! How could I not knit something for someone who a) lives in a freezing cold climate and takes the bus to work every day and b) requested something handknit?

The colors she requested were lime green and/or orange and/or pink. I can tell she likes a lot of color, and since I do, too, I figured this would be a fun scarf to knit. So, I went shopping at Yarning for You in San Marcos (northern San Diego county). I found a nice variegated yarn that I'm using to make this pattern. With my purchase, they gave me a 20% coupon to use on my next purchase through the end of the year. Apparently, they're doing this with every purchase, so if you live in the area, you may want to stop by.

100_0238

I'm not sure if I'm loving it or not, but in case it turns out super ugly, I have a backup plan.

I'm going to break the seal on something for this blog. I'm going to go political for a second. Don't forget to vote on November 4th! Please vote No on Proposition 8, if you live in California. It's very important to keep discrimination out of our state constitution.

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

I think it's perfect for someone who loves color. And all these ballot initiatives make me (almost) wish I voted in CA. Big issues. In PA it was only a sewer update.

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun scarf pattern!

And, thanks for get out the vote reminder - I posted one today, too! No on 8!

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home