Thursday, October 09, 2008

Another SIP (sock in progress)

At home my needles have been fairly quiet. No lace shawls slowly being created, no sweaters being started, or worked on. For some reason I am going through something like a knitting slump. The only time I seem to be regularly knitting is when I am sitting on my bus going to or from work. Bus knitting is largely for sock knitting. My current SIP is Twinkleberry by Knitzi. I am making this using some Schaffer Anne yarn.

Notice how well the pattern shows up with my yarn choice (read sarcasm into the sentence)?

Despite the fact that the yarn and the pattern are competing with one another I am blithely continuing with this sock. I am somewhat optimistically telling myself that the pattern will show up better when the sock is stretched on my foot/leg. Hey, it could happen!

We have a long weekend coming up, but don't expect great feats of knitting, I am going to go backpacking, probably for the last time this year, and if any knitting comes with me, I doubt it I will have any progress to show.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the fall colors in your sock, and hope that the design does come out when you wear them, which in the end is all that really matters.

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home