Monday, October 13, 2008

Welcome to our food blog...

Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted. The scarier thing is that it's been about that long since I've knit a stitch. I've never gone through a dry spell like this before and hopefully, it will end soon. In the meantime, I've been doing quite a bit of cooking, much like J has. This weekend, there was a touch of fall in the air, so I decided to make some comfort food.

First off I made this zucchini bread recipe.

100_0233

100_0234

Actually, I cut the recipe in half. The only thing that couldn't easily but cut in half was the egg amounts, so I used two eggs. I just had a piece and I have to say it was yummy! Particularly with a schmear of cream cheese.

Then I made a goat cheese, shiitake mushroom and bell pepper quiche:

100_0236


100_0237

I served it with a salad dressed with an orange muscat champagne vinaigrette, recipe here. Everything turned out really well, particularly the salad dressing. I highly recommend the recipe. I got the vinegar at Trader Joe's, if anyone is interested. I could wait until the quiche was cool, so it hadn't quite set up yet.

I found this little gadget at Marshall's. It's the coolest thing to mix and store homemade salad dressing so it can be used during the week. I've been looking for something like this for ages:

100_0235

3 Comments:

Blogger Disentangled said...

Yum! That dressing sounds especially yummy :)

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, I LOVE zucchini bread!

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hhmmm, fingers crossed Marshalls still has some. ;-)

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home