Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The PJ's

It's late, and I'm a little tired, so I'm going to be pretty brief. However, I wanted to show you the second item I sewed this weekend. I had dreams of pressing them out and giving them a real photo shoot, but instead, you see them hanging in the bathroom in bad lighting:

100_0242

These are the first pair of flannel PJ's I have ever made. I took advantage of a $3/yard sale at Joann's and purchased this adorable ladybug flannel fabric.

Here's a closeup of the print:

100_0243

The pattern that I used, Simplicity 2821 (Simplicity patterns were $1 each at Joann's this weekend!), is a unisex pattern that has a band around the bottom of the leg. I really liked this feature, and it is the reason that I chose this pattern. However, when I measured the pattern pieces and compared them to pants I have at home, I realized that they were more proportioned for a man. I ended up taking two inches out in length between the waist and crotch area and leaving off the band entirely. This turned out to be OK because I ran out of fabric and couldn't make the band anyway! To finish the bottom, I added piping in red to bring out the contrast color:

100_0244

In the end, the changes I made really helped to make the pants fit me really well. I love the piping, too. I'm not at all disappointed about not having the band on there. Now, if only it was cold enough to actually wear them! Honestly, winter, or heck, even fall, will come eventually, right?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are so cute- and comfy looking! I especially love the red piping- great detail!

10:43 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Adorable! I should break out all the flannel I bought last year for that very purpose. . .

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep hoping for Fall as well. And more than 2 days in a row, please! Life in SoCal is so rough! ;-)

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home