Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Out With the Old, In with the New

Hey Teach! is blocking:

100_0202

She's almost dry, but it turns out that it takes a while for thick cotton fabric to dry:

100_0203

It didn't take me long to choose my next project. I decided to cast on for Liesl by Ysolda Teague. I always knew I'd make one of her patterns someday, but I always figured Arisaig would be the first. Lets just say that a fingering weight sweater isn't exactly calling to me right now. I'm using yarn that I bought for 70% off a long time ago. The store only had 6 hanks left, so I took what they had. Later, I offered one to a friend who was finishing her Under the Hoodie (she also bought her yarn at the same sale). However, she wouldn't take it because she told me that she knew a project would come along where I wished I still had the 6th hank. Well, guess what?

100_0201

That's Elsebeth Lavold Angora. According to the pattern, I should have plenty, but I'm dubious. However, I got this far on just over one hank, so maybe there's hope:

100_0206

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so envious of your summer sweater knitting! I really ought to knit something for myself...

12:07 PM  
Blogger Disentangled said...

Ha! I think Liesl is a perfect project for that yarn! Its going to be so soft and lovely!

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home