Wednesday, August 27, 2008

No Photos of Hey Teach

Well, I did finish Hey Teach! It turned out well - fits like I made it myself. Wait...

However, although I wore it several times, I had no one to take a photo. I almost recruited my mother, but she was recovering from dental surgery and wasn't up to it. So, no FO photos. I have to say, though, that the yarn, 2nd Time Cotton, really exceeded my expectations. It seems stiff and heavy in the skein, but it knits up like a dream, particularly in lace patterns, and it wears extremely well. It hasn't stretched out much with wearing, and it's very comfortable. The best part, I think, is that it is made from waste from the fabric industry, so it's got that green vibe going. Check it out for yourself - you won't be disappointed.

Here's my progress on my latest effort:

100_0207

This is Liesl by Ysolda in Elsebeth Lavold Angora. I think it's turning out well. Considering I used size 11 needles because it was what I could find (it calls for 10 3/4), I am shocked with how well it fits. I thought it was going to be way too small, just by looking at it. At this point, I have the sleeves to do, which I have to do on two circulars because I couldn't find a 32" or a 40" circular needle in that size. I'm not looking forward to that, so I'm taking a short break from this project. Plus, the yarn irritates my hands. In fact, I swear I had a hive on my finger the other day. No worries, though. Although my hands are incredibly sensitive, the skin on my body isn't, so it should be fine. I've tried it on with no itchies or irritation.

Instead of finishing Liesl, I have cast on for Marilyn's Not So Shrunken Cardigan. I am making a not at all shrunken version with a full-length body and 3/4 sleeves. I'm using Jo Sharp Silkroad DK Tweed in a pretty periwinkle color. I said to J today that I thought it was coming out to bulky, but I've pressed onward because I think it will be fine in the end.

Even though I was apparently the only person who didn't watch a single minute of the Olympics, I am busying my evenings with watching the bloodsport known as politics. Every night, I watch coverage of the Democratic National Convention and am as riveted as Olympics-watchers, I can assure you. I hope you are enjoying your week.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I'll have to check out 2nd Time Cotton- thanks for the tip! And, glad to know I'm not the only one geeking it up with the convention watching. :)

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home