Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Back to Reality

Sometimes in life you get lucky, sometimes you get REALLY lucky. I was REALLY lucky recently. My aunt and uncle are celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary by renting a villa in Provence, and they invited family to come stay with them. Who am I too say no to a free place to stay in Provence?

This is the pool at the villa. Doesn't it look peaceful and relaxing? The float you see there is a cheapo float that I bought at CVS just for this trip, I couldn't wait to just spend some time relaxing, floating, and sunning in the pool.

Of course, when you go to Provence you can't spend all of your time floating in the pool at the villa, you must do some touring too! There was a stop at a lavender field and museum, the lavender had been harvested a day or so before my arrive.

I visited Pont Saint-Esprit:

Pont du Gard:

Nimes:
Chateauneuf-du-pape: Carcassonne: and, of course, Paris:

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What a way to celebrate their anniversary! Thanks for sharing the great photos. It looks like a wonderful trip.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Damn you! *she mutters under her breath, sitting in her cubicle, far from Paris*

1:13 PM  
Blogger mrshammer said...

I'll say you got lucky !
Lovely photos.

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home