Sunday, August 10, 2008

Short Attention Span Theater

Rather than be good and frugal and finish my Hey Teach!, I decided to go to a yarn sale today and buy more yarn and cast on for another project. I'm not being too strict with myself because I've found my knitting mojo so fleeting recently. But still, I'm a little annoyed with myself.

For the local readers, the yarn sale was at Two Sisters and Ewe in La Mesa where they're having a 20% off all yarn sale. They have gotten some new shipments of yarn in, including Nature Wool, a new Brown Sheep yarn, Lanaloft that is essentially Lamb's Pride without the mohair (GREAT idea!) and a hand dyed merino by Southwest Trading Company called Jezebel. They had some other cool stuff, too, including a yarn called Eco wool by Sirdar. This yarn had two pattern books that go with it. I thought the patterns in both books were really cute and the yarn is yummy. I just loved this pattern, though:

cabled_yoke

I've seen a lot of sweaters in this style over the last year, including one by Debbie Bliss (Silverbell?), but this is by far my favorite. It's close fitting and looks like it would be easy and comfortable to wear. It's also not as busy as some I've seen. Here is the Ravelry link.

The only yarn I bought is Kureyon sock, which I've wanted for a while, but stopped myself for the simple reason that I don't knit socks. But I love, love this yarn, and I'm hoping that the color changes will keep me interested long enough to finish a pair. Hey, it's been known to work before. I'm easily amused. I've cast on for a simple stockinette sock with a long ribbed cuff.

2 Comments:

Blogger Disentangled said...

Thanks for the tip about the sale...I've been waiting for a sale over there so I can get yarn from B's felted clogs.

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's been a couple sales at LYSs up here, but I stayed away. Now I'm kinda regretting it, b/c I can't find any inspiration in the ol' stash. :(

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home