Thursday, May 15, 2008

Test Knitting Progress

Ornette is moving along. I have knit the heel flap and turn for both my right and left sock. I have also finished my gusset decreases on the right sock and am in progress of decreasing the gusset on my left.
I am enjoying working on this sock. I like the twisted faux cables and the traveling cable panel. This is clearly a pattern that takes a lot of thought to create. I definitely would have bought this pattern, but I am thrilled to be able to test knit it instead.

My left sock isn't as far along as the right one because I made a bit of a mistake and had to tear out the gusset decreases. This actually seems to have been a good thing because it is easier to follow one sock at a time than to try to knit 1/2 of a right sock then 1/2 of the left sock then vice versa.

Flutter Sleeve is nearly done. The body is all knit and i am working on the sleeve cuffs now. This weekend I hope to buy buttons, next week I may have an FO shot!

Next week I am heading out to So.Cal for a week's vacation! K has kindly offered to help me sew my first skirt. We will have to see if I actually have time or if we will keep ourselves too busy to sew. If I do sew a skirt then I will happily share an FO shot of that.

3 Comments:

Blogger arianna said...

Gorgeous socks!! I can't wait to see the final product. And Flutter Sleeve, too!

You must be getting excited for your trip - have a GREAT time! I'm jealous you'll be in CA. I can't wait to hear all about it - and see pictures! You will have to take turns posting fun stories about your time together. :)

10:32 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Woo hoo! On the foot! It looks absolutely wonderful.

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, the pictures suck on the old computer that I'm using at the hostel, but the sock seems to look good!

K-your sweater looks great, I can get more of a sense of it, no clue what color it is though! I'll check back from a better computer in the next town! I'd say white shirt for Joe, the other one looks red...ignore me if I totally don't have a clue what they really look like!

-veganpi

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home