Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A New Sweater?



This weekend I cast on for a new sweater, Erin, by Kim Hargreaves. I had ordered some Valley Yarns Longmeadow from Webs specifically for this project. When I placed the order I expected to receive a yarn that was basically just tinged with a hint of green. While the yarn I received basically meets that description, the green that it is tinged with is more appropriate for a baby shower gift (in my mind) then for the sophisticated cabled sweater that it was intended for. Despite not being thrilled with the color I cast on for the sweater. I haven't made much progress on it though, mostly because I am not thrilled with the anticipated FO this yarn will give. The Longmeadow is very nice feeling and seems to be a good sub for Calmer, but this color just isn't doing it for me.


I can't decide if I should just plug on, hoping that the FO will be better than expected or if I should repurpose the yarn for something more fun and summery.



In the meantime, to distract you from the unimpressive knitting shot, here is a waterfall that I visited this weekend. It is in the Middlesex Fells Reservation.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely repurpose the yarn. ;-) That way you'll be much happier with the end result.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Joanna said...

I agree with Cora, if you're not happy with the color and wouldn't wear the finished sweater (or would wear it grudgingly) use the yarn for something else and get a different color for the sweater. The pattern is so pretty, it should be something you're happy with!

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home