Thursday, January 31, 2008

Braided Rib Scarf

My mother plans on making a blanket and wanted a cable for the blanket. She asked for my assistance, instead of a swatch, I am turning the cable into a scarf, this is for mom:

Cast on 20 stitches (or multiple of 20 (ex 40, 60, whatever)

Rows 1-4: knit 2, purl 2

Row 5: K2, p2, slip 4 stitches to cable needle hold to front, k2, p2, k2, p2 from cable needle, k2 p2 to end of row

Rows 6-8: K2, p2

Row 9: K2, p2, k2, p2, slip 4 stitches to cable needle hold to back, k2, p2, k2, p2 from cable needle, k2, p2

Rows 10-12: K2, p2

Repeat Row 5-12 until desired lenght is acheived.
I used a chunky weight tweedy yarn (I don't remember the type, I think it was a Rowan tweed, the yarn was left over from another scarf) and size 11 needles, my scarf is about 4.5" wide, pre-blocking. The ribbed braid is reversible so there is no wrong side.
My other knitting is progressing, but there is no obvious visible change, so I am not going to share photos of that.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks J. I will give it a try.

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home