Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Finally it is Off the Needles!!!!!!

I declare this cabled cardigan done. It is far from perfect, the sleeves/shoulder/yoke area was poorly executed due to a complete lack of planning on my part (stupid move), and the hood area doesn't lie right on my back, but I can't bear the thought of any more garter stitch. The entire back, the sleeves, the "yoke" area, and the hood are all garter stitch and I am SO done with it.

This sweater is a recreation of a sweater I saw on a television show. This is my first sweater knit without a pattern. I used Berroco Ultra Alpaca Light on size 2 needles for the cuffs and bottom ribbing, size 5 for the remainder of the sweater. Nearly 14 skeins of yarn were used for this project (nearly 2000 yards).


Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It is gorgeous! And I am so impressed. I also love the legal books in the background!

Great job!

11:23 AM  
Blogger Siercia said...

Wow! That is a gorgeous sweater! And one heck of an ambitious project for you first patternless sweater attempt. Kudos!

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Abso-frickin-lutely gorgeous. Brava!

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home