Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Minor Setback

Progress on my cabled cardigan was happening swiftly. The left front reached the point for joining the sleeves (assuming I make this a yoke style sweater) and the back was rapidly approaching that point too. As I continued knitting, something was nagging the back of my head, the back was looking a large. I kept telling myself that it wasn't really as large as I thought and that I want the sweater to have some ease. I want the cardigan to be somewhat loose and very cozy feeling. Therefore I kept knitting. I did some waist decreases and I started with increases, I had only a couple of inches left before the back was done. Then, I held the back up against my body...
The back is beyond being just a little too big. The back is way beyond the amount of ease that I want built into the sweater. The back had to be frogged back to the ribbing, there was nothing else left to be done.
On a non-design note, I am going backpacking in October. I bought some hiking boots (which I am now trying to break in) and some other stuff for the trip. After buying the hiking boots I discovered that the Nancy Bush socks I am working on will match the boots and a pair of pants I bought for the trip. Additionally, the socks are at just the right leg height for the fancy top to stick up above the boots. Therefore, I have to get the socks finished before I go on my trip. I finished the first sock this weekend and immediately cast on for the second.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger wenders said...

Uhm, you're making me realize I should probably check my sweater before attaching the sleeves... :)

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about your gauge glitch, but congratulations on your lovely socks.

1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home