Sunday, March 04, 2007

Guest Appearance

Hi Everyone

I'm Stitches. K and J invited me to guest blog while J is wandering around the islands soaking up sunshine. A vacation sounds so blissful.

I'm very new to blogging so bear with me here. Until now, I've been the blogless knitter in our little group. Oh the shame! Not really, I'm just a bit ADD and wouldn't be a reliable blog owner. Being a "pretend" blogger is kind of fun though.

There is actually history behind my blog name though, so why don't I share a bit of that with you. Plus it will tell you one of my deep dark secrets. Shh, don't tell anyone...

I'm a Girl Scout, life time member. No, really I am. I have a card in my wallet to prove it; ID number and everything. Anyway... (see the ADD already)

I worked at a Girl Scout camp in the Berkshires in Ma for four summers. Girl Scout camp counselors have camp names. None of the campers are suppose to know your real name and for the whole summer the counselors get alter-egos. It's loads of fun. My camp name was Stitches. It was chosen after much debate because I am a huge fan of all things fabric and fiber and it was original. So now you know two secrets about me, I am a Girl Scout and I have an alias.

My addiction to fabrics and fibers started at a very early age thanks to a very crafty, artsy family. Color and texture are trully my inspiration and what draws me to fiber and fabric mediums.

So enough about me, I know you just really want to see a picture of something. So here's one of my current projects. Drum roll please...



It's Clapotis (wow, what a shocker!)!!I know everyone's been there done that, but not me so you get to see it. Here are the current specs:Pattern: Clapotis from Knitty (don't know how to do links yet, but you all know where to find it)Yarn: Koigu KPPPM color P505 (it reminds me of the ocean and sand)Needles: Addis US 7I'm following the pattern exact except the yarn and needle size. It has been languishing in my back room for several months, much to my embarrassment. However, my current sweater, Gigi by Chicknits, turned on me. Despite my swatching, my actual row gauge was a stitch and a half more. I got annoyed with her fickleness, so I returned to the long neglected Clap. She now resides in my current project bag and sees activity on a more regular basis. Gigi has been ripped and restarted, so all is well that ends well.Hope you guys have a lovely day and as Porky Pig says, "Abadeebadee, That's All Folks".

3 Comments:

Blogger knitzalot said...

The Clapotis looks lovely! Gotta love Koigu.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome! I am actually probably the only knitter out there who hasn't made a clapotis yet!

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your clapotis is lovely! Gotta love the koigu. (I haven't made a clapotis yet, even though I've been thinking about starting one)
How cool that your a lifetime GS! I went to camp Marylnn White (I think thats what its called) and Camp Bonnie Brae growing up. GS camp was always fun.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home