Friday, November 03, 2006

New FO's

Wanna see something scary? This is what I look like when I first wake up in the morning, although I'm not usually wearing a newly completed man's cap. Yes, I actually am wearing a hat, even though you can't see it because the wall in the background is too dark. But there's no one here to take my photo and my husband, the intended recipient, is not here to model, so c'est la vie. Oh, and you gotta love the crooked picture in the background. Anyway, this is my latest creation.

Stats:

Pattern: halfdome from the Summer 2006 issue of knitty
Yarn: Berroco Ultra Alpaca, color 6248 and 6247, way way less than one skein each
Needles: size 3 addi turbos and size 5 addi turbos
Date started: yesterday
Date completed: today (I really love quick knits when I'm swamped)
Overall thoughts: I love, love this pattern. It fits great, works up quickly and has great style. This is my second one.
Modifications: none. I considered knitting it in the round (the pattern calls for knitting it flat) but I didn't have needles long enough to do magic loop and I truly hate dpn's.

I think that about sums it up.

I also have a question about my other latest FO, The Hodgepodge Scarf. I ran out of one of the three colors of Silk Garden that I was using, so I just continued with the other two for a couple of inches and bound off. The question is, does it look weird? Every time I look at it, it bothers me, but I also like the length it adds (I prefer longer scarves). Am I being too anal retentive? You can be honest. It won't pain me much to rip out a couple of inches, but I don't want to do it and lose the length if it looks OK. I welcome your suggestions.

Anyway, happy Friday!

2 Comments:

Blogger Disentangled said...

Looks great! I'm starting a hat for a quickie project myself today :-)

As for the scarf, it's a little hard to tell from the picture, but I think that there is enough color changes throughout the rest of the scarf for the last bit to be fine. I say leave it in.

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah! You look so cute! So does your hat, your hubby is very lucky : )
a agree with dis, looks like there are enough color changes in the scarf. The ends look great, leave it in!

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home