Monday, October 30, 2006

Hodgepodge Scarf

On Saturday, I took a break from studying hell to take a trip to Encinitas with a couple of my knitting friends, Cora and Disentangled. We decided that, instead of our usual (or lately, not so usual) Saturday afternoon at Rebecca's, we would do a little yarn shopping at Common Threads and Black Sheep and then go to the Forum Shops in Carlsbad for a little shopping, a little food and a little chocolate. They also have wine tasting there, but we ran out of time for that. Maybe next time.

None of us went crazy with our purchases. I managed to get out of Common Threads without taking out my credit card. I wasn't quite so fortunate in The Black Sheep, where I picked up this lovely book of patterns from Louisa Harding. I also bought 3 balls of Noro Silk Garden to make a striped scarf. The original child's version of the pattern only calls for two different colorways, but I'm using three. Perhaps using two would have been better, but being the color schizo that I am, I really like the results. Each section of the scarf is completely different from any other part. It challenges my inner Monk, but it's good for me. I think it's fun to have a wild scarf.

I attempted to take some photos of individual sections to show you the differences, but the lighting this morning is crap. I'll upload them anyway. I think if you click on the individual photo and blow it up, you can see it better.

Anyway, it's back to work for me. I forgot to set my alarm clock for the end of daylight savings, so I ended up waking up an hour earlier than I intended. It means I'm awfully tired, but it also means I got in an hour of knitting this morning! Yay!

3 Comments:

Blogger Disentangled said...

Yay! I can't wait to see all the colors in person :-) I'm glad you decided to go ahead and cast on ;-)

2:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i love yarn that changes colors like that... makes it interesting!

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it!! Can't wait to see it in person. Mine is coming out so mellow. I want some crazy fun yarn for the next one.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home