Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Sock Report (that's alotta socks)


Here at postings by Jeanette on the Purly Gate we have a continuation of all socks all the time. Yes, the sock obsession continues.
First, finished pair of Baudelaire, by Cookie A. These socks were knit using the magic loop method, and are a fabulous toe up sock. The yarn: Regia Silk, which is a wonderful blend of merino, silk, and something unnatural. The yarn is slick, but not too much so, soft, and perfect for a hand knit dressy sock. These socks were finished approximately last Tuesday
Next, finished pair of Widdershins, by Brooke Chenoweth Creel, finished last night. The yarn is Knitpicks Sock Garden, these are knit using the magic loop method, again toe up, with a heel flap. The heel on these is different from the heel on Baudelaire. The socks are different from each other as I decided that the addi US 1.5 that that I used on the first one would make the sock to small, I therefore switched to Addi US3 for the leg, and did the entire second sock on Addi US2.
Given the yarn I chose you can't really see the cable work on the sock, so I would probably recommend using a solid yarn.
Just a reminder: I chose to make a bunch of single socks then come back and make the matching sock latter, so I DID NOT make this pair of socks in one weeks' time.

I started Hedera last knit with my Mama E C*eye*ber Fibers sock yarn. So far, so good. Though I am not very far at all.

Finally: what are hopefully better photos of My Sock v 2.0. Your task, should you choose to accept it, is to come of up with a name for these socks. Yes, this is our second blog contest. I don't have the prize yarn yet, but I intend to buy the winner one skein of the Fleece Artist Merino sock yarn that is used for these socks (different colorway, probably). I intend to purchase this yarn as soon as Circles gets more in. The contest deadline: you have 1 week, or until I finish my first Hedera sock, which ever is latter. Please leave your name suggestion in the comments of this post or any other post in which I mention the contest. The winning name will be chosen based upon what appeals to me, with input from K. Good luck!

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Bordello Socks?

Sorry, the calf shot made me think of it. And they ARE red...

10:43 AM  
Blogger ikkinlala said...

Adelia.

I don't know why.

1:56 PM  
Blogger wenders said...

Matilda. Because you could waltz in them...

You know, Waltzing Matilda?

4:41 PM  
Blogger PBnJ said...

Luscious Lace with Scallops Sock Recipe

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is my suggestions but it requires a bit of explanation. Arancia
I think the color looks like the inside fruit of a blood orange. Italy has the most amazing blood oranges and this is there word for the fruit.

6:06 PM  
Blogger sheep#100 said...

I like the name Raindrops because when you had your foot up and toe pointed, the yarn over eyelets looked like raindrops to me. Perhaps this is partly because we could use some rain to break this sorry heat wave but I still like the name.

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Septiumbra - 'cause I count seven eyelets per slash.

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scrambled legs. Don't know why. I'm hearing voices from above. :)

12:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow those are some red socks! How about Sizzlin' cause damn, those are some sizzlin red socks!

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home