Thursday, July 27, 2006

Forgive me Father...

I have a confession to make. Despite having a garage full of Cotton-Ease, I...um...bought some more. 20 skeins in fact. Well, I had to make the minimum $40 order for the place I was buying it!!! Don't look at me like that! You know I use it. Admit it. I make things with it all the time. It's not like it sits out there and goes to waste. Besides, I bought a color I didn't have any of - Bubble Gum. Anyway, it was $1.99 per skein - how could I resist that? That's right, I couldn't.

OK, now that I'm done justifying that purchase, let's move on, shall we?

So, my Fall Interweave came in the mail yesterday, much to my shock and surprise. I'd say I was very pleased with it overall. There's one absolute "must knit" for which I fully intend to buy the suggested yarn (Rowan Cashsoft DK) and knit this fall. It's the Gatsby Girl pullover designed by Jodi Green, of Mariah fame. The other projects can wait, I think.

Flipping through the magazine, planning out fall projects and so forth got me thinking, what will I knit once the weather gets cooler (which won't be soon enough for me)? I seem to remember that I have a few sweaters' worth of yarn stashed away. I began to make a list and it turns out - I have a lot of projects' worth of yarn stashed away.

So this brings me to our first blog contest. There's a skein of Vesper sockyarn (Crew colorway) for the first person to guess the exact number of projects for which I have all of the yarn I need to make them. This doesn't include yarn I've bought with no particular project in mind, or the yarn I've thought fleetingly about assigning to this or that project. I'm talking projects where the yarn has been firmly committed to a project. This also doesn't include Cotton-Ease because I don't even know how much of that I have (hmm, blog contest #2?) You have to get the exact number because, heck, a skein of Vesper sock yarn isn't that easy to come by. If no one gets it, there'll be other contests in the near future. I just thought this was so funny, and ridiculously sad, that I'd put it in the form of a contest. Good luck! Voting ends Friday night at midnight PDT. I'll post the results on Sunday.

8 Comments:

Blogger sheep#100 said...

I have to guess 13.

11:22 PM  
Blogger PBnJ said...

I'm going to guess 19. :)

11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going out on a limb and being a bit silly, but my guess is 27.

2:33 AM  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Not guessing anything here, but thought that I would congratulate you on your recent aquisition (sorry can't spell)! Chat with you eventually. We should have a verdit today, my guess, by the lunch break.
PS I was in bed by 6:30 last night and slept until 6 this morning, how wonderful!

7:46 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I guess 31 ;)

8:33 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Oh and I'm headed to smiley's right now to purchase cotton ease!

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, I'll guess 17.

I'm in love with Gatsby too, and just love Rowan's CS-DK - it pills a bit, but it's worth it. I'ld be up for a knit-along :)

10:51 AM  
Blogger wenders said...

Marissa took my guess! So, I am going to go with... lucky 22.

:)

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home