Saturday, July 22, 2006

Blissful Day of Rest


It is Saturday, I am not working, life is good. The day began with my meeting Emily and Christine at our local coffee shop where we spent a couple of hours with lattes and our knitting. It was wonderful, so relaxing. I managed to finish my gusset increases on Baudelaire and to convince them to join me on a trip to Windsor Button, a Boston LYS, I wanted, no, needed to find more sock yarn. I also plan on going to Circles tonight and am hoping that they will have some good sock yarn there, but in the meantime, I wanted some Cherry Tree Hill yarn (or is it Cherry Hill Tree?). Unfortunately, I am in a mood today, and none of the colors were right, so I left with no yarn. After Windsor we journeyed to Borders where I bought Mrs. Kimble, which is my book club read for August, then we went to a new sandwich place on Hanover Street, where I had a delicious portabella mushroom sandwich (good call Christine!). It is not yet 2pm and I still have time to watch something from Netflix and to go to Circles as planned. While this isn't a thrilling day, it is almost perfect nonetheless.

Earlier this week I began work on a tank or short sleeved top that I am designing for myself. I haven't gotten very far but I am already worried about it. I decided that my body shaping isn't quite what designers have in mind. Like many other knitters, when I make a pattern for the correct bust size, I often end up with too much space around the waist and less frequently, around the hips. In an attempt to be able to modify patterns in the future I decided to make a simple top with short row bust shaping and with waist decreases that match my measurements. At least this is the concept, I am not sure that this will be the reality. The waist shaping looks very extreme to me, so I could end up with the least flattering top in the world when I am done. If so, oh well, lesson learned, the top can always be frogged.

You probably won't hear from me for the rest of the week, I am second chairing a jury trial that is beginning on Tuesday, so I am afraid I will be quite busy and very tired by the end. Hope everyone enjoys the weekend and has a great week!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jeanette said...

just pit-stopping from Amazing Lace KAL - I love the color in the yarn your using for your self-designed shell. I hope the fitting works for you. You've got an excellent attitude that I've found works well in designing - if it doesn't work, frog or fix.

2:59 AM  
Blogger Disentangled said...

I look forward to seeing how your top comes out. Good luck in trial!

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your sock is coming along nicely! Hope the shaping works out in your tank, and good luck in trial : )

10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I disagree, Jeanette, your day sounds extremely thrilling in my opinion. I just live for days like that. Of course I never HAVE days like that, where I can just come and go as I please, but I'm workin' on it. Good luck with the trial, hon. I look forward to hearing about it afterwards. As Wendy would say, pink light for you!

11:01 PM  
Blogger wenders said...

I wish I could have joined you Saturday - sounds lovely...

And Mrs. Kimble was my book club book a few months ago - I'd love to hear what you think of it.

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home