Friday, July 21, 2006

Sugar n Spice and Everything Nice

Yesterday morning, I got a wild hair up my ass to make a sweater for Savannah. I was sitting at the computer chatting with J, as I do most mornings, and I saw the pattern that Cora had generously let me borrow and I figured, there's no time like the present to make it. I had recently traded some Pistachio Cotton-Ease for some Blueberry with someone on the Cotton-Ease message board and I had a wad of Ice Blue that was leftover from my Under the Hoodie. I thought those two would make a lovely striped pattern. I also knew that I was going to be taking the little cutie for a walk today, so I had about 30 hours of knitting time. Could I do it? I gave it a shot. As of 5 p.m. yesterday, I only had the hem done, and I didn't think I could do it. But, guess what, I did!!!!!

And unlike some of my other "creations", see previous posts of Prosperous Plum Tank, it actually came out really great and fits her beautifully.

Pattern: Minnowknits Sugar & Spice, designed by Jil Eaton

Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton-Ease, Ice Blue and Blueberry, one skein each

Size: 1 year

Needles: Addi Turbo - size 8, 16" circular

Date started: 7/19/06

Date completed: 7/20/06

So, here are some "action" shots of my adorable neice, now 11 months old and walking, wearing her new sweater. The number of photos is gratuitous, but you gotta do it for the grandparents, right?



6 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie O. said...

I am in awe. That cute sweater in half a day? You rock!

Oh ... and your daughter is adorable!!

7:15 AM  
Blogger wenders said...

HOW do you do it?! Do you sleep? The sweater (and the wee one) are adorbale!

9:58 AM  
Blogger Disentangled said...

That came out wonderful! Super cute :-)

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute and an awesome fit!! I'm definately making it for my friend's little girl now!

12:18 PM  
Blogger JayJay said...

That is such a cute sweater! What a lucky girl! Just doing my Amazing Lace pit stop and I'm definitely amazed at your skills and speed. :)

7:47 PM  
Blogger Knitcrazy said...

Oh I just love that top...
Maybe I can try to make up the pattern???
I just can not purchase another... yikes..
It is a great top for cottonease..
http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home