Sunday, July 30, 2006

So, how big is that stash?

Blog Contest Results

First off, I'd like to thank everyone for participating in my little contest - it was fun seeing how crazy everyone thinks I am. :) However, I'm sad to report that there was no winner. A couple of you were very close, but no one got the exact number, which is 15. Here's a list:

Somewhat Cowl (Austermann yarn purchased on elann)
Arisaig (Elann Baby Alpaca Silk)
Kureyon cardigan
Fair Isle Rib Zip Jacket from Spring 2006 IK (DB Alpaca Silk)
Retro Prep Pullover from Fall 2002 IK (Rowanspun DK)
Hudson (Noro Big Kureyon)
Audrey from Rowan 35 (Calmer)
Twisted Float Shrug from Fall 2005 VK (Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted)
Rosita from Jaeger
Martina Eyelet Cable Pullover (Filatura Zara Plus)
Butterfly from Rowan 37 (Anny Blatt Mohair)
Picovoli (Calmer)
Ribby Shell (Kona Cotton)
Clapotis (Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb)
Hedera (Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock)

I have other yarn for projects as yet unassigned. But these are projects that definitely have yarn assigned to them. This should keep be busy this fall and winter, wouldn't you say?

New FO

After my debacle last weekend with Soleil and the French Market Bag, I immediately cast on for the Front Slit Tank from IK, using some Tahki Willow that I had purchased at the Grove's 25% off sale a couple of weeks ago. I knitted feverishly on it, remaining completely loyal to it until it was finished. I was quite obsessive about it, but I needed a successful knit so I could stop feeling so bad about Soleil. I didn't take a photo of me wearing it, yet, but it looks OK on me. The armholes don't fit quite right, but the body part fits well.

Pattern Stats:

Pattern: Front Slit Tank available for free on IK's website.
Yarn: Tahki Willow, a cotton/linen blend yarn, 6 balls plus a few yards from the 7th.
Needles: Susan Bates aluminum circular needles, 24" cord, size 9
Date started: 7/23/06
Date completed: 7/28/06
Modifications: I added quite a bit of waist shaping, 4 inches to be exact. I also used 3 needle bind-off on the shoulders. I should have modified the armhole shaping, but since I didn't realize this was going to be a consisten problem, I didn't. I've had this problem with tank tops before.
Overall thoughts: This would make a great first sweater for someone. The instructions are very clear - the armhole shaping is written out row-by-row. I enjoying making it. It moved very quicly and resulting in a flattering, stylish top. I wore it all day yesterday, so by now, it's all stretched out and needs a good washing before I can take photos in it.


Post a Comment

<< Home