Friday, August 04, 2006

Friday Update

I ended up bailing on the Knit Salon last night, which is really unlike me, because I wasn't feeling too well, so I just stayed home, relaxed in my PJ's, did some knitting and watched a Netflix movie. Even though I felt crummy, it was a relaxing evening, all in all. I made some good progress on Reid - I finished the left front. My goal is to finish both fronts by Sunday evening, so that is still looking possible.

I also finished my first Pomatomus sock. I can't believe how long this took me. I am really pleased with the way it turned out, although something went wrong in my toe shaping - I couldn't say exactly what. It fits me well and I'm sure these will get a lot of wear over the cooler months.

I really liked the way the yarn did a stripey thing on the foot (it seemed to pool some on the leg portion). I thought both had were nice effects, but I prefer the striping.

I'm already up to the heel flap on the second sock, although I don't think I'm going to jump back into it right away.

My Cotton-Ease order arrived yesterday. When I placed the order, I fully expected to receive an email saying that they had sold out of the colors I wanted, but it actually showed up! I don't have any specific plans for the yarn, but I think a sassy, fitted cardigan is in order for the Bubble Gum. I don't have a particular pattern in mind at this point, though.
Don't forget to submit an entry to name J's sock!

2 Comments:

Blogger Disentangled said...

Sorry to hear that you weren't feeling well last night. Hope you are all better for the yarn sale! ;-)

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your feeling all better! Love your Pomatomus sock, very pretty blues. Now, where did you get the Cotton ease?? Please share!

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home