Friday, June 16, 2006

Busy, Busy

For someone who'd planned on taking the summer off, knitting the days away and taking long walks in the sunshine, life isn't going exactly according to plan. Not that this is a bad thing, mind you. I'm very flattered that the professors in my department have seen it fit to offer me several different job opportunities. I have spent most of this week training for the CFD job that I mentioned in my previous post. I've been trying to ftp all of the knowledge that my predecessor amassed in a year and half into around 4 days of training. Let me just tell you, it hasn't worked. CFD is complicated enough for someone with a PhD, i.e. someone who actually knows what they're doing. For me, it's a complete mystery. But I'm determined to conquer it. After all, a professor at UCSD once told me that if I could become an expert at it, I could "write my own ticket". Her words not mine. A ticket to where, I wonder.

But enough work crap, there's been knitting!!! First of all, I have decided to revisit my plans to make Katja for my neice. At the Knit Salon tonight, while looking for the yarn the pattern actually calls for (2nd Time Cotton), I stumbled upon this amazing yarn called Classic Elite Flash, which is basically three plies of mercerized cotton in purple, pink and orange all spun together. The effect is really great, especially for this top which I feel should be cheerful, bright and summery. So, for $3.80 per ball (yep, you heard it right), I bought enough to make what should be a very quick project. It knits up really well and the fabric is very sturdy and firm. I like that, personally. The colors are great, too.

Also, I have 4 inches of ribbing done on Aquafina. The ribbing has gone much quicker than I anticipated, so I don't see why this won't be completely done, blocked and all, by the end of the weekend. Yay! Only two more inches to go! I can't wait!
By the way, J, and others who've had this problem, I think I figured out how to force blogger to post more than two photos. Save your post as a draft and then open it up and try again. It seemed to do the trick for me.

2 Comments:

Blogger bitterknitter said...

I love the Classic Elite Flash, it knits up very nice!

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the yarn that you picked out for Katja! Its going to be adorable on your niece.
Can't wait to see your finished Aquafina! It looks fantastic : )

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home