Friday, April 21, 2006

Knitting Stream of Consciousness

Progress continues on my WIP's as does the fact that I haven't finished anything in quite some time. I'm closing in on finishing Savannah's hoodie though. I finished the front and the back and I'm almost done with one of the sleeves. The sleeve seems very long to me for a one year old child because I'm supposed to knit for 12 inches before I even start the sleeve cap! Oh well, I've been trying to work on this whole "trust the designer" thing, so I'm going to go with it. When she tried on the store sample at the Grove, the sleeves were too long and the body was too tight, but according to the measurements, it's supposed to be 5 inches too big, so I think the knitter's gauge was off a bit. I'm hoping that the whole thing's too big and she'll grow into it. I'm going to block everything this evening, so I should have photos on Sunday. I may even have a completed sweater to show you by then. Yay!

Starsky has been ignored this week, primarily because the weather here has been lovely, bordering on hot, and the thought of holding bulky alpaca in my lap just hasn't been moving me. I know "June Gloom" is approaching, so the time to knit wintery stuff has not passed completely.

I have a formal wedding to go to in the Hampton's this August and I'd like to knit myself an elegant top to wear. I have a couple of ideas. What do you think?

Last night was the Knit Salon at the Grove and, as usual, it was a great time and a wonderful stress reliever. I have been so stressed lately that my stomach basically doesn't let me eat anymore. I guess I'm doing better than my project partner who has taken to drinking Ensure to make sure she doesn't die of starvation. My body occasionally lets me eat. The good news is that my jeans fit a little looser. The bad news is that I constantly feel ill. The semester is almost over so hopefully, my stomach will recover after that. But getting together with friends to knit did help and I slept well last night. Tomorrow is our weekly get-together at Rebecca's, so if you're around and want to KIP, please drop by. I usually show up around 1 and I'd love to see you! Allison, are you out there?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you feel better soon.

I prefer the third option for a wedding. Not because it's white, but because it is the kind of shell that can be worn over and over again. A cardigan or jacket wouldn't look out of place over it. It would have a long history of wear ahead of it.

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the first one, the blue one. Really pretty and I love the strap/sleeve things. It's the perfect neckline for a gorgeous necklace too.

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home