Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Look At All the Yarn I Got at WEBS!!!

Isn't it amazing? I practically cleaned out the store! All kidding aside, you can see that we didn't exactly do damage in there. Even though we travelled amost 100 miles to Knitter's Mecca and fondled yarn for around 3 hours, we each walked away with nothing! There was some agonizing, some yearning, some groping, but no buying. I didn't even buy the yarn that I'd planned to get for Starsky. It seemed a bit itchy and it had a lot of loose fibers, kind of like Lamb's Pride, but it did come in lovely colors. So, we left the store with our wallets full and our hearts heavy. No new yarn for us. Seeing as I have a bag from there (no I didn't get an empty bag as a souvenir), I obviously bought something. I bought an old Interweave and a Chibi. Hey Big Spender! J is still mourning the bumble bee tape measure that she let get away. But the truth is, one cannot have regrets about not buying something at WEBS because its website is only a click away.

I was more successful yesterday at a couple of the Boston-area stores. First, I headed towards Windsor Button first because I heard a rumor that they still had some Cotton-Ease in stock. Sure enough, they did. As you can see, I managed to get the elusive Strawberry Cream, as well as a smattering of others. I found some Sugar Plum for Kris, but I didn't want to pollute it with cat hair since she's allergic, so it's safely in the bag.

I also managed to spend more money at a shop in Brookline called A Good Yarn, where I found solid Lorna's Laces, some Eucalan, and Inox dpn's (not pictured).

Last night, I went out with some knitters from J's SnB group. We had Vietnamese food in Chinatown. Pictured, from left to right, is Mara, Christine, Lissy and Anna. Not pictured are Wendy, Emily, Jeanette and myself. A good time was had by all, and it was nice to meet people that I have heard so much about.

As a final thought, is anyone interested in trying to get a weekly or every other weekly type knitting group together somewhere in the Hillcrest, North Park area?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cant believe you didnt get any yarn at webs! It sounds like you are having lots of fun. I would love to start up a weekly group... I hate missing out on Knitsalon every Thursday... it just never works out for me for some reason. What day were you thinking?

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for picking up the yarn for me! Yay!

If you're thinking weekend knitting, you can count me in. :)

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd be down for a weekly or bi-weekly group. :-) I'm not entirely sure what days work best for me yet, but let me know which ones you're thinking about!

11:39 PM  
Blogger bitterknitter said...

No yarn from Webs?!? I almost did the same thing when I went, I felt like I should get something so I got 3 balls of Cascade Fixation. Even without buying, it is a lot of fun to go look at and feel all the yarns they have.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Disentangled said...

Wow - that was like me leaving Wild Fiber with nothing but a Chibi and some stitch holders. But, I'm glad you got a chance to see that "Starsky" yarn in person instead being surprised by something in the mail. Glad you are having a great time and congrats on the Cotton Ease.

I would love to join a weekly SnB group! Weekends would be best for me as well, but I could possibly do a weeknight if needed.

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm all for a weekly SnB! Weekends are best for me, fewer conflicts. It would also make field trips easier. I'm dying to see Wild Fibers. I am also more than happy to host an SnB whenever needed.

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hon, I'm sorry I didn't get to say a proper goodbye. I thought I'd see you at the s n b at the coffee shop the next night. Glad to have met you and please come back to Boston again soon. Take care!

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A bit of a late comment - but I would be interested in a weekly-biweekly knitting :)

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home