Saturday, March 11, 2006

Attention Starsky Knitters!

I know that sounds serious, but I just had to get your attention. Are you listening? Good, because I've got great news. I was just quickly looking around at possible yarn candidates for Starsky. Since the getgo, I've had misgivings about Sierra. Nothing serious, but I always know I'm unsettled about a decision when I keep looking at other options. So, I checked Elann, and saw the Peruvian Highland Chunky, which comes in a few lovely colors. However, I've heard through the grapevine that this stuff pills like crazy. I also happen to have a color card for the worsted version, and it isn't terribly soft. So, I kept looking and went to WEBS. They had a few options at prices that are within the same range, or less, as Sierra. Seeing as I'll be visiting this fabulous knitting store, located in Northampton, MA, next week, I guess I'll buy mine in person! SO exciting! Anyway, the one I think I'm going to get is Valley Yarns Berkshire. It comes in amazing colors and it reminds me of Polar, except A LOT cheaper. Also, there's Tahki Kerry that looks like a good option. Reynolds Candide also looks pretty, except that I notice the description doesn't include the word "soft". Experience tells me that's a bad sign. For the size I want to make, the Valley Yarns Berkshire will cost me $55! Now, that's a good price!

2 Comments:

Blogger Disentangled said...

Birkshire looks a lot like Freedom Wool from the pictures. It will be really interesting to see if it is a good substitute for that yarn as well (not necessary because of price but convenience).

I can't wait to see what you bring home! Have a great time next week :-)

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the Berkshire, too... there are so many colors! Have fun in Mass. I cant wait until I go home next so I can go to Webs. I love that part of the state.
I really like the new button, too!

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home