Sunday, February 26, 2006

Oh, Say Can You See...

They're playing my national anthem! It's all tears and smiles as I stand atop the podium while the gold medal gets placed around my neck, with my family and team members in the stands. I DID IT!!!


Stats:

Pattern: Katy from Debbie Bliss' Cotton Angora book
Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton-Ease in Ice Blue
Date Started: 2/10/06
Date Completed: 2/25/06
Needles: Addi Turbo size 5's (for ribbing) and Addi Naturals size 7's
Size: 36-38" bust
Overall: It was a great pattern with no errors that I could find. It has a flattering fit with a lovely neckline. I would definitely recommend this pattern, and Cotton-Ease worked really well for it.

I was able to finish it yesterday while I was getting together with my fellow San Diego knit bloggers, Jessica, Kris, Miyon, Marisa, and Krys, which was great. I wore it around last night and got compliments from the family. I'd have to say that it came out well, maybe one of my best sweaters. It fits really well, although had I known when I started that I was long-waisted, I would have added maybe an inch more in the length. But, regardless, I think it's cute.

Now, for my Academy Awards speech. I'd like to thank the Yarn Harlot for speaking to my inner athlete and throwing down the gauntlet for this incredible challenge. There's nothing more satisfying than finding that you had the focus, dedication, and frankly, ability to knit through burning and numbness in your forearms, to complete a sweater in 16 days. At first, I thought that my sweater choice might be too easy and that I'd be finished early, but I had a lot of stumbles throughout the process, which I frequently do as a result of inattention, so I ended up finishing practically right down to the wire. Good thing I decided not to knit a sweater on size 2 needles or something!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow- I love it! the neckline turned out beautiful! You should be very proud- it's a great sweater and I can't believe you finished it in so short a time! (please wear it to the next knit salon so I can covet it in person. Also, please bring pattern details so I can think about whether or not I have yarn in my stash to make it.)

Congratulations, Olympian!

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you did an amazing job! I will have to go to the next Knitsalon to see it! I'll wear my gold-medal tempting II ;)

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, it must be "Bliss"ful to have won the gold.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Disentangled said...

Yay! It came out great :-) Congrats! I can't wait to see it in person!

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Absolutely love it!

2:08 AM  
Blogger lobstah said...

Congrats on the gold! That is one beautiful sweater!

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job! It looks lovely!

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Beautiful sweater!

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous!! I can't wait to see it at KnitSalon. Oogling in person is always much more gratifying.

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THAT is a beautiful sweater. This is the first time I am visiting,and it's so good to see such fabulous work. And in 16 days, no less. You rock!

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home