Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Knitter Disqualified for Straddling the Gate!

I just had to make an Olympic reference in my title, something that indicates that I screwed up. Last night, I saw a skier (I think) get disqualified for "straddling the gate", whatever that is, so I figured that suited me. Anyway, here's my story...

On Friday, I was so excited to start my project that I couldn't wait to get home from school. I couldn't wait to finally twist my Cotton-Ease into Debbie Bliss' Katy. By Saturday, my wrists were aching, but I was still going strong and making good progress. By Saturday night, I had even finished the back, which I thought was quite an accomplishment. I had to take Advil in order to alleviate the pain in my wrists, but who's keeping track? By Sunday, I had fallen flat on my face, tripped on my toe pick, failed to get full rotation in my triple axel. The thing I feared most had happened to me: I had lost momentum and focus because I had become bored with my project. I think I might need to join the "I Hate My Project" team. As a result, I made this mistake:

Can you spot it? I obviously couldn't for 6 inches! In my defense, I cast on and did the first 3 inches while I was talking on the phone. Every once in a while, I'd look at the sweater and think, something doesn't look right, but I couldn't figure it out. Finally, at the point I was in this picture, I saw it! I asked J if I could possibly leave it - after all, if I hadn't noticed, maybe no one else would either, right? But she said I absolutely had to fix it. So, rather than do that, I decided to work on the sleeves instead. I figured avoidance was the key. I've made OK progress on them. I'm hoping that I can finish them by Thursday night and get back to the front on Friday afternoon. I'll post pictures of my progress on Friday.

Go Olympic Project Haters!

4 Comments:

Blogger Disentangled said...

Hmmm, I still don't see it. So, my vote is it's fine the way it is ;-)

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll bite. What's wrong with it? Enquiring readers want to know!

10:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

She's missing a rib between two cables. Ouch.

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yah, that definitely sucks. You gotta ribbit..... it looks great otherwise!

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home