Monday, February 20, 2006

It's All Over But the Cryin' (in this case, the finishin')

I finally did it!!! I finished the knitting portion of my Knitting Olympics project!! I feel like finishing the whole sweater is within my grasp now. Doing this has really taught me a few things. For one, I'm capable of doing more than I think I can. I believe this is one the things that the Harlot wanted us to realize. Secondly, a sweater takes A LOT of work. I will no longer downplay my accomplishment when I finish a sweater. I had come to take it for granted that I would finish several sweaters a year without fully realizing all of the effort I put into them. When I strung together, consecutively, all of the hours spent knitting on a single project, I finally realized how many hours is takes. I'm not even done yet, either. Third, I CAN do ribbing without slitting my own throat due to sheer boredom. Finally, I CAN be monogomous to a project - IF I have the motivation to be. That's the key, I think. If there's no deadline, I meander from project to project. I'm like that with work and school, too. Without a deadline, I'm aimless and unable to finish a project. So, without further ado, the front of my sweater:



Now, the front needs to block for at least 24 hours. If I hadn't knitted the pieces out of order (i.e. done the sleeves before the front), I could be blocking the sleeves now while seaming together the front and knitting on the neckband. C'est la vie. Luckily, my schedule had a few days of wiggle room in it. Maybe since I'm just sitting around waiting for this thing to dry, I can cheat on it...just a little. It won't mean anything, I swear...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOLD goes to knitzalot!!!Congrats...looks beautiful!

1:04 PM  
Blogger Disentangled said...

Yay! Congratulations on finishing your knitting. That's a huge accomplishment. I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel with mine - although it is still a small little pin hole of a light.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Woo Hoo! Congratulations! Fabulous job. Do you feel like working on some brioche now?

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray! I can't believe that you finished so quickly- it's going to be absolutely beautiful!

1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home