Thursday, February 09, 2006

A Drum Roll Please!


I have finished the Hooded Jacket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All buttons are crocheted and attached, all seems are sewn. The jacket is one me now!
The dirt:
Pattern: Double breasthed Hooded Jacket, VK, Holiday, 2005 #18
Designer: Jennie Atkinson
Yarn: Karabella Aurora 8, color 19--17 skeins used
Karabella Gossamer, color 5025--2 skeins used
Needle: size 8
Start date 1/10/06
End date 2/7/06
Changes: In an attempt to put off buying the Gossamer I did a provisional cast on with the main color for the body. After seeming together the body I picked up the provisional cast on and knit 2 rows of garter stitch. Also instead of knitting the hood as a separate piece, I picked up stitches around the collar and knit the hood directly to the garment I really like the waist shaping on this jacket, though none of my photos show it well.

So is everyone ready for the Olympics? Less than just over 24 hours to casting on. I brought my pattern with me today so I can copy and read the article about the brioche stitch (this is my training). I have decided that I don't want to put too much pressure on myself, so I am establishing my own personal bronze medal goal, and silver medal goal. In order to earn the bronze, I need to have all the knitting completed and blocked. Silver will be the same with the addition of finishing my sock (the heel flap is moving along).

Since I have finished my jacket I have the desire to cast on immediately with my Georgetown Lorna's Laces, I think I have even decided on a pattern, but with 2 shawls in progress, 2 socks in progress (different pairs) and the olympics coming up, I probably shouldn't, should I?

8 Comments:

Blogger Disentangled said...

YAY!!!! It is so beautiful and I can only imagine that it is only that much better in person! Congratulations!

I do believe you are truly beaming :-)

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The purpley goodness coat looks gorgeous. Yay!

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! that came out GREAT! It makes me want to make one!

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks gorgeous and the fit is perfect. Truly magazine model worthy!

6:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Can't truly express in words the extreme excitement of that jacket.

I've got the KO jitters, which have manifested themselves inthe purchase of $75 worth of yarn today. Eek!

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The finished jacket is amazing! It fits you perfectly.

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! You look stunning in that!

1:25 PM  
Blogger Mara Fitch said...

Your hooded jacket is so beautiful! The knitting, color, and style are perfect. Its so you.

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home