Monday, December 05, 2005

Here, knitty, knitty, knitty!

What a great surprise this morning to wake up to a new issue of knitty! There were a lot of things in there I liked and a couple that I'll probably make. I feel like this is one of their better issues. What do all of you think? The first thing I'll probably make is the sock pattern Thuja. It's the perfect pattern for my fabulously ugly Motherlode sock yarn. I LOVE to make ugly socks. I know it sounds strange, but I don't have much cause to wear socks out of the house (although someday I should make a nice pair of black or brown socks, but I just can't seem to bring myself to do it). Instead, I make variegated ones and other ones in wild colors.

I also liked Bristow. It's a very classy, basic pattern that I feel would get a lot of wear.

I also like Tubey, particularly the shape of it. I'm not sure how I feel about the horizontal stripes, although they flatter the designer quite well in the photo. If I didn't do the stripes, I think the sweater would also be pretty in a solid color.

I'm torn about Forecast. I really think it is a lovely sweater, but I'm normally put off by bobbles. They don't bother me as much in this pattern though. I think it's quite striking.


And last but not least, my progress on Baby Bobbi Bear. I know it looks like he squealed on a mob boss. Maybe his head and arms are at the bottom of the East River! Then again, maybe this time next week, I'll have a completed bear!

2 Comments:

Blogger bitterknitter said...

I can't wait to see your Bobbi Bear. I've thought about making one, so please let me know if you have any problems with it, or if it is fabulous to make!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Disentangled said...

You pretty much picked out all my Knitty favorites :-) Although I am also anxious to make that huge shrug type thing which I think would be perfect for my cold office.

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home