Wednesday, November 30, 2005

All Vittadini, all the time

A couple of days ago, I got to a place on Chill where I couldn't go any further without bobbins. By the way, the question of where to get them in San Diego still stands, if anyone out there knows. So, I put that project away and pulled out the sad and neglected Vittadini. I made really good progress on it and I've finished one side of the V-neck. Last night, I didn't do much on it because I had a really long day and spent the evening doing homework. It was truly yucky. I've also been doing homework this morning, but I'm hoping to get a little done on the other side of the V before I have to go to school.

In other news, it's actually cold here! Yay! The knitted objects that I made last winter can come out and play! In fact, I was able to wear my recently finished Backyard Leaves scarf to work yesterday. It's actually always cold enough in my office to wear a scarf, and a parka too for that matter. That's what I get for working with almost 100% men.

Anyway, back to the weather...I'm sure the snap will be short-lived, but I used it as an excuse to pull out my boxes and wash my winter sweaters. This one is my favorite:

In this picture, it's drying after being lovingly hand-washed in Eucalan. It was its first bath, so it was an emotional moment for both of us. You may recognize the pattern from knitty.com. I wore it last year on my honeymoon to Mendocino and I don't think it's seen the light of day since.

I've been elbow deep in Fortran for the past 24 hours, being inundated with it both at work and at school, so it will be a nice break to sit and knit. I think that's what I'll do right now. Toodles!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm from Mendocino. Funny, that.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home