Friday, December 02, 2005

Yarn Crawl

I was a bad girl yesterday. I got my Aerodynamics midterm back and it was worse than I thought. I didn't even get the average! That's a first for me. But instead of coming home and sticking my nose in a book, I went yarn shopping! Makes sense, doesn't it? Especially for someone with absolutely NO money. In my defense, I went in order to buy my mom some nice yarn to make her a pair of footies for Christmas. But I also found this:


That's three balls of Polar, yup that's no mistake folks, Rowan's discontinued Polar in Silver Lining, enough to make a scarf, and two balls of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Motherlode. For patterns, I'm thinking this scarf and these socks:

I also finished the front of Vittadini, so here's a photo of the finished pieces. I'm still working on the last sleeve. It's fairly obvious in this photo that the right front doesn't match the left...it's shorter. So I'll have to add another repeat before I sew 'er up.

Finally, this weekend is the Baby Bobbi Bear class at the Grove. I'm really excited to make this pattern for Savannah, my neice. Not that I think it will be a fun pattern to knit (I think toys are actually a drag) but I will be SOOOO happy with it when it's done. Hopefully, she'll have it for a long, long time.

Happy knitting everybody!

1 Comments:

Blogger Disentangled said...

Hi! It was nice to knit with you last night :-) I still can't get over your cable expertise! I guess there is hope for me yet. I can't wait to see your progress on the bobbi bear. I'm not taking the class, but I will be starting my own soon. This is my blog in case you forgot: alittleloopy dot blogspot.
Take care,
Jen

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home