Saturday, December 03, 2005

First Saturday

Today is the first Saturday of the month. What this means is that I hope aboard the D line of the Green Line traipse out to the last stop where my friend Tiz picks me up and then we travel to Wellesley, MA for a day of stitch'n and bitch'n at the Wellesley Needlepoint Collection (TWNC). I have done some needlepoint in the past, but it was an expensive hobby which resulted in my having decorative objects that served no real use, which is why I took up knitting. For a while TWNC carried yarn, and I even bought some lovely Jaeger extra fine merino DK from the shop (though they didn't carry it), as such the monthly s'nb, for me, was about knitting. A couple months ago TWNC stopped carrying yarn, which I think was probably a good business decision for them, so now I feel that I shouldn't spend the day knitting there, especially since Cindy, the owner, was kind enough to allow me to borrow the shop ball winder and swift. Today, therefore, I will pick up my needlepoint again, whether I will actually lay a single stitch is up for debates. Odd are probably even either way you might want to place your bet. In the past, when I was stitching, I would as likely as not spend the time wandering the shop looking at canvasses as I would spend it actually working on my canvas. This is what I will be bringing with me to TWNC (the part that is finished is at the top, I am working on the lower section, it will eventually be a bag, the sides are stitches as separate pieces):

After spending the day in Wellesley, my plan is to go to Circles where I will, mercifully, be able to knit again. I have 13 out of 115 repeats done on my shawl edging, and since the end is near I think that all other WIPs will have to wait their turn, although I will probably keep plugging away in the mornings on the second sock. Finally, I can show a picture of the tea shawl where it doesn't simply look like a lump of teal, this is how the edging and some of the diamond motif look pre-blocking:

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Isis let me sleep to 7:30 today, of course this required an hour of ignoring her meowing at 5 am. Now the real battle has begun, I am not going to give her moist food as soon as I wake up but will wait instead until I am about to leave, maybe this will stop her from waking me so early. I do hate the idea of torturing her though.


Blogger Christine said...

Did you know I needlepoint, too? Not very often, I admit. You're welcome to come dig through my yarn stash.

2:17 PM  
Blogger bitterknitter said...

I'm sure Miss Isis won't be terribly tortured by a later breakfast. My kitties get fed after I've gotten showered and ready, they learned the routine pretty quickly (it took a week or so of showering with both cats meowing the whole time).

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Lissy said...

I thought Emily wrote that she showered with both cats, which made me really wonder how she accomplished that!

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home