Sunday, December 04, 2005

Mama's Footies Are Done!!!


Even though I'm supposed to be studying, I've managed to knit a pair of footies for my mom for Christmas. She's not much for knitted items, so I had to spend a lot of time thinking what I could make for her that she would actually wear. She likes to hang out in her robe and I thought these little footies would be nice and cozy. Her favorite color is purple, too. The yarn is Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran and the pattern came from the Holiday 2005 issue of Family Circle Easy Knitting. The way the socks were shaped was different than I'm used to, but I just went with it instead of trying to alter them. I think for a pair of casual, worsted weight socks, it works out fine. For a fingering weight sock, I'd stick to traditional shaping.

I just finished them in time to head over to the Grove for my Baby Bobbi Bear class. I know I've said it before, but I'm really excited to make this pattern. Even though the pattern calls for Blue Sky Alpacas yarn, I'm using acrylic because my neice is a drooler at the moment, and it would be nice for her mom to just throw it in the washing machine when it gets all nasty.

Well, I should get out of here so I'm on time for my class. Have a good one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home