Monday, November 28, 2005

and now for something completely different...


I actually have new projects to show you instead of progress pics of the same old stuff. Yesterday, I took a class at the Grove on how to make those adorable Flower Washcloths from Weekend Knitting. I'd tried the pattern before, but found it boring and kind of hard to understand, so I thought a class would be just the ticket. I didn't manage to finish it during class, but I did when I got home. What do you think? I'm thinking of giving it to my aunt as a gift, possibly along with some handmade soap or something. She's a knitter, too, so she'd probably appreciate it.



I also started a new project: Chill from Rowan 32. I'm doing the two color version. The main color is going to be black (got it at Knitting in La Jolla at 50% off!) and for a contrast, I'm using a very light sky blue. It will be one of those sweaters that's not great fun to make but that gets worn constantly. At least, that's my hope. The color portions are done using the intarsia method and since there's about 5 or so different color sections going across the piece, I'm going to need bobbins. Does anybody know where I can get bobbins in the San Diego area? I don't recall ever seeing them, but then again, I've never looked. I tried Joann's but no luck.

Below is a photo of a completed, three-color version of Chill:


I'm starting Week 10 of the quarter, so finals are next week. I should be getting my Aerodynamics exam back tomorrow morning and I'm already feeling sick about it. I'm just looking forward to this quarter being over!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home