Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

I hope that everyone is enjoying their Thanksgiving. Kicking back with family, friends, or both and just enjoying the moment rather than stressing over whether or not the meal will be perfect.
I will be joining Emily and Mara, as well as Emily's boyfriend for a Vegetarian Thanksgiving being prepared by Emily. Before going to dinner I expect to spend as much time as possible in my pajamas, mostly knitting, but not entirely.
I just took a test on blogthings.com which was called "what advanced degree should you get" I should be working, but since it is the day before a long weekend, I just am not in the mood to. I took that test just out of curiosity, you see, almost from the start of law school I realized that I did not want to be a lawyer. Unfortunately, law school cost quite a bit of money and I believed that the only way I could pay off the debt was by staying the course and getting the stupid degree. Since that time, I have been regretting my stubborn persistence at following a course that I selected back in Junior High. Well, guess what the advanced degree test told me I should obtain?





You Should Get a JD (Juris Doctor)



You're logical, driven, and ruthless.

You'd make a mighty fine lawyer.





Last night, during my Wednesday night S'nB I was pushed to the brink of murder or suicide. I was working on mom's sleeves, reached the 17" mark and was worrying out loud about whether I would have enough yarn to finish when Mara asked if my sleeves where the right width. Turns out my sleeves are 17" wide at the base, when they are only supposed to be 11"! This would be bad, but I could start the sleeves over and not truly want to kill myself, it was the implication for what that meant for the body of the sweater that was pushing me to the edge. I came home and measured the body an guess what? The stupid body is over 60" wide! My mother is not nearly that large. The whole G*D*F*ing project is going to have to be torn out. (sorry for the language). Yes, I did do a gauge swatch, no I am not using the recommended needle size, I went up one needle size and yes my gauge was bigger, though not big enough to account for this disaster. Guess what my mother will not be getting for Christmas this year? Rest in Peace dear White Lies Design Cardigan. Perhaps you will be resurrected next year.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww, that sucks about the sweater! I've been there. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving ;)

12:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

When you were an intern, were you ever told to "turn back before it's too late"? Because I'm told that at at least once a month at my work, and architecture isn't considered typically as adverse as law.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

PS Drawing like a five year old really sells these days! ;>

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor chick. I'm so sorry about your sweater. I once binged bigtime over a sweater I screwed up, and let me tell ya, it ain't worth the sorrow. It's just a learning experience when you come right down to it.

How funny that the test said you should be a lawyer. I wonder what came first, the amibtion or the qualities that make you such a good candidate to be a lawyer. Something tells me that having been practicing for so long, they've probably been instilled in you, rather than ingrained in your makeup. Remind me to tell you a funny story about my own young predilections towards the law as a profession. My Mom enjoys telling it to her friends. Take care and go easy on the sorrow.

2:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. I just took the test and got the same answer as you! Ha ha hahahaha!!!!

2:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So I'm guessing you didn't follow that lawyer's advice? :P

I actually get architects saying to me, "Be happy; don't be an architect." (This is a direct quote.)

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home