Saturday, November 26, 2005

Backyard Leaves Scarf is finished!


I finished my scarf!! I'm so happy. That means I've finished both my Falling Leaves Socks AND my Backyard Leaves scarf and I haven't started any other projects. Since I'm sooooo good, surely I deserve to start something else, don't I? Anyway, here it is to the right, all sewed up and ends weaved in. The seaming was a little screwy but since it goes on the back of my neck, I didn't worry too much about it. The stats:

Yarn: Classic Elite Wings
Color: Panama Periwinkle
Needle Size: 7
Pattern: Backyard Leaves from Scarf Style
Special Fact: Bought the yarn on honeymoon!

When I first felt this yarn in the shop, I thought it was cashmere, but knitted up, it isn't nearly as soft as cashmere. It's got a slight itch factor to it, made worse by the fact that it simply isn't cold enough to wear it. Nevertheless, I'm wearing it around the house.





I also took the Blogthings Quick and Dirty IQ test, and I was both startled and pleased with the results. The number was pretty high, and I did well in most of the categories, but look at the results for Logical Intelligence! I guess that explains a lot about my behavior sometimes. Anyway, here are the results:


Your IQ Is 135
Your Logical Intelligence is Below Average
Your Verbal Intelligence is Genius
Your Mathematical Intelligence is Genius
Your General Knowledge is Exceptional


Now I'm working on Birch, but I've got a wandering eye. I've still got the Vittadini sweater to keep me occupied, but my unfaithful heart is pushing me to search through my brain roladex for patterns that I've been wanting to knit. There's a sweater from an old Rowan magazine that I'd like to make out of Cork and there's always Samus that I'd like to make out of Rowanspun Aran. Hmmm...

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeanette said...

Whoo Hoo! Congrats on finishing the scarf. Also I am not surprised that you are a genius.

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats kinda funny ;)
Backyard Leaves is beautiful! Its funny, too that you say its not cold enough for the scarf yet, when back east they just got about 4 inches! he he

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home