Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Pre-Turkey Day Update

I'm so relieved that my test is over. I wish I could say that it went well, but it most definitely didn't. It was a midterm that the prof gave us because he was mad that more than half the class failed the first one. Well, he can be sure that a lot more than half the class failed this one, too. It was cruel and vindictive. I couldn't even finish 70% of it. Mostly I didn't have enough time because the problems were complicated mathematically. But anyway, it's over and I'm on vacation now.

So today, I've done absolutely nothing. Well, I've been knitting which is a nice change from studying. Since my test, I've worked four repeats on my Backyard Leaves scarf. Isn't it strange how different it looks blocked than unblocked? I'm almost done with the second half and it's so much shorter and more squished up. I'm SO excited to finish this scarf. I'm going to have to find someplace to wear it...maybe Julian, although I'm sure it will be crazy this weekend. For those of you who don't know, Julian is a little historical town in the mountains east of San Diego. It gets quite chilly there in the winter and, in fact, it snows!

Anyway, back to Backyard Leaves. Here is a close-up of it unblocked:

It doesn't look too impressive. It's amazing beauty truly comes through after blocking.

I haven't really worked on any other projects. Today is going to be a cooking day since I'm helping my mom with Thanksgiving dinner. I'm cooking a Bourbon Pumpkin Pecan Streusel Tart and an apple pie today. I hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your scarf looks really nice, I love the color!

Kestrel

6:07 PM  
Blogger wenders said...

Hi. If you have any leftovers of that tarte, please let me know. I will fly to CA to have some!!

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home