Monday, December 10, 2007

Weekend FO's

Whew! I had a really busy weekend. I can't believe it's Sunday night already - back to the grind tomorrow. While I enjoy my last hour or so of the weekend, I thought I'd do a quick post to show you the FO's I wore this weekend.

On Friday, we had a little weather. A rather chilly winter storm came through, so I took the opportunity to wear Wicked. It kept me warm and toasty under a turtleneck:

100_0076

On Saturday, I wanted to wear a sweater, but none of my wool sweaters were clean. Instead, I decided to go for Clapotis:

100_0084

clapotis1

Today, I wore my Central Park Hoodie. I never did an FO post for this project, so I'll do a brief one here. Here is the finished sweater:

100_0081

Here's the back:

100_0082

A photo of the arm cable:

100_0083

I used Classic Elite Skye Tweed for this sweater. I really liked the pattern and this is probably the sweater I wear the most out of all the ones I've made. I've already washed it once because I've worn it so much. I don't think I made many modifications to the pattern. I made the sleeves for the larger size because I heard they were snug. Because I did that, I had to shorten the sleeves by 1/2 inch. I tried to make the head no quite so pointy, but I was only kind of successful with that. This is a comfortable, stylish, versatile pattern that I highly recommend. Yay!

On a very sad note, I've had a sweater casualty. I wanted to wear Bristow as one my FO's this month, so I washed it today. I washed it using the Gentle Cycle in cold water. The sweater was knit out of Karabella Aurora 8. I thought that yarn was a superwash, so imagine my surprise when I lifted a FELTED Bristow out of the washer. I'm not sure how I felted something on the Gentle Cycle in cold water, but I did. I practically cried, but I held it together. I suppose every knitter goes through something like this at some point or another. My aunt told me she read that you can undo felting using hair conditioner. Has anyone ever heard of this? The felting was minor - I lost and inch or two in length all around. Help!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Try soaking it in white vinegar mixed w/ water and then stretching it out to dry. You won't get back all the stitch definition, but you can probably get the size back.

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought Aurora was superwash too! I guess the theory is that hair conditioner will loosen up some of the fibers? I hope you are able to reconstruct your sweater with some aggressive blocking. What about hanging it to dry to see whether gravity will help stretch it a bit.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Disentangled said...

That's a horrible story! Please let us know what you decide to do and if it works! Good luck!

2:31 PM  
Blogger Susan A said...

So sorry to hear about that your sweater felted. What a heartbreaker! I don't have any suggestions, but I hope you can rescue it.

I'm loving seeing all your finished objects...you've knit up a lot of lovely, wearable items!

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been great seeing all your FOs, and Central Park Hoodie looks great! I'm so sorry to hear about your other sweater though. :( Good luck with it and of course let us know what happens!

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home