Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

As I write this I am sitting at home sipping tea instead of running around trying to leave for my bus in five minutes. It is Thanksgiving. I am a vegetarian so a big turkey dinner isn't my thing. I do enjoy most of the side dishes that are served for Thanksgiving, but I don't feel any special pull of this holiday. I haven't had Thanksgiving dinner with my family for probably 8 or 9 years. I am happy with a quiet and often non-traditional Thanksgiving. What Thanksgiving means to me, this year, is 4 days that can be pretty much devoted to knitting. Admittedly, I have some work to do, something to file in Boston tomorrow and a brief to write, but neither activity will be particularly taxing. My brief isn't that complex and the filing should take 15 minutes.

I mentioned a little while ago that I was working on some small projects while waiting to start my next sweater. Well, I have started my next sweater, so the little projects may not get the same devotion (ok, to be honest, there is no way they will get the same devotion/attention they got before). I thought I would share a couple of them today. You probably won't hear them mentioned again until after Autumn Rose is done.

I don't know how much knitting for Christmas I will do this year, but this (on the right) small project is a Christmas knit. I have decided to give one of my Grandmother's a mini-Clapotis which I am knitting with SeaSilk. This has become my travel project (Autumn Rose has too many color changes for me to be able to knit it on my bus).

Another small project that picked up steam was my knee high Millicent Socks from Cookie A. I have one sock done and am at the heel flap on the second. I am doing the heel flap in the same color that I used for the top cuff. This sock was put on pause because of that color change. To be honest, most of this sock was not knit after I finished my cabled cardigan, but during the playoffs and World Series (the cabled cardigan seemed to be a jinx). I didn't have the yarn with me when I was last out knitting with it and then became engrossed with another project, which I am not showing here, instead.

While writing this post I paused to finally block my Forest Path Stole. I finished knitting this some time over the summer but for some reason could never quite bring myself to take the time to block it. (ETA: I was just going around adding labels to old posts (sorry that I republished a bunch of them, didn't realize there was a different way) and noticed that this shawl was finished in July, JULY!!!! I posted that I finished in on 7/17/07, I can't beleive that I took so long to block this thing!)

Finally, progress shots on Autumn Rose:

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Squeaky said...

Your autumn rose is coming along nicely. And those Millicent socks look like they're to die for...hmmm.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Ai Ferri Corti said...

No words to speak about Forest Path Stole... it's superb!

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the variety of projects. The forest path stole is incredibly lovely. I hope to see that one in person. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. Sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day!

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home