Monday, September 10, 2007

Opinions Please!

I need your opinion about something. I'm in the process of sewing a dress for my neice that will be worn to a christening this weekend. I'm polling everyone I know about their choice between two trims.

The first is a ribbon trim - pink with white stitching around the edges.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The second looks like a crocheted lace trim, but it's not actually crochet - I'm not sure what it is, but it is lovely.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I am having a really difficult time making this choice, so your help is greatly appreciated.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie O. said...

Both are cute but I prefer the crocheted looking one. It looks a little more special.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Jscothammerquist said...

Maybe I am old fashioned but the pink is so pretty. I felt the red was lovely, but jarring.

12:55 PM  
Blogger wenders said...

I like the red - it looks more current as compared to more traditinal 'little girl-ish'.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Disentangled said...

I think they are both really cute - but the pink looks more 'little girl' to me and the red looks more 'adult'.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Susan A said...

I think the red looks better with the print. Both ribbons are nice colors with the print, but the white stitches make the pink ribbon look clean & modern; I prefer the old-fashioned look of the crochet style with your print.
The dress is lovely.

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for the red - it just make the print "pop".

2:28 PM  
Blogger Jaimi said...

I also vote for the red. Like Marisa said, it makes the print really pop.

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I think both are cute, but I definitely like the second, crochetish one the best!

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the red, but love the pink, how would they look stacked?
KateMet

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice job! I like both, and maybe the red better. But for a christening, pink satin seems more formal and traditional than crochet.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Ai Ferri Corti said...

I prefer the red one, but concerning the christening the pink one looks more traditional.

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home