Tuesday, October 24, 2006

WTF?


Do men think? If so, how do they think? Advice to the men out there, following a woman you don't know is not flattering. It is threatening. This is true even if you are trying to talk to her. Further advice to men, if a woman has headphones on (and lets face it, everyone knows that those white cords coming out of a person's ears are headphones) is a sign that the subject woman isn't interested in having a conversation with anyone. Also, don't ask a woman you don't know where she lives or what her name is why you are following her. This again is threatening behavior, not flattering behavior.

In knitting news, the brown lump is no longer a lump, it is officially a shawl. I managed to finish the edging on Sunday and blocked it last night (the shawl got my bed, I got my pull out). This is the Frost Flowers shawl from A Gathering of Lace. I knit it using Lacey Lamb, distributed by Jade Sapphire, and size 2 Susan Bates needles. I don't have my book of knitting notes on me today, so I don't remember when I started it, but it was MONTHS ago. The outdoor shots of this were taken this morning down at the Christopher Columbus Park in the N.End. As you can see, dawn is slowly eeking its way into being, but it wasn't that early, it is just fall.


btw, N. End ladies, anyone interested in taking a karate/self defense class with me? I am going to be trying to find info on one.

7 Comments:

Blogger wenders said...

Ugh, people are so clueless sometimes. Good for you for taking action - I wish I was going to be in the area long enough to join you for a self-defense class.

And the shawl looks AMAZING! :)
Congrats!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Disentangled said...

The shawl is beautiful! Congrats :-)

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous!! I love it wrapped around the pole.

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Artful pictures for a lovely scarf. Sorry you had that bad experience with that guy. I have to say, that's a major advantage for me being obese. Though even mounds of fat seem not to deter certain lecherous shop keepers in the North End. Maybe it's a cultural thing. Is there no sanctuary from neanderthals?

2:05 PM  
Blogger ~Kristie said...

Good for you signing up for the self-defense class!!

Your scarf is GORGEOUS!

4:39 PM  
Blogger Tonni said...

Beautiful! I'm also making this shawl in a merino/cashmere blend. Don't you love the lacey lamb?! So very soft...

5:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, of course men think, they think a LOT... they think with their penises!

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home